Funny Ha-Ha Or Funny Sad?
So, my name has been stricken from the sidebar list of Book Authors on the Blogosphere page. This is while the following is a matter of fact:
- I understand he’s very old and sick, but Jack Klugman hasn’t posted anything here since December 6th, 2005. Jack’s still on the list.
- Peter Bjarkman posts very, very infrequently and is still there.
- Doris Kearns Goodwin hasn’t posted since September 28, 2007. She’s still on the list.
- Zoe Rice posted once in January; twice in December; twice in November; and not at all in October. Quite the fan she is; why would any baseball blogger wanna post anything in October? She’s still on the list.
- Patti O’Shea hasn’t posted since September 21st, 2008. She’s still on the list.
- Frank Messina has written two posts total to promote his book of poetry; one in early February and one a few days ago. He’s on the list.
- Paul “The Exiled Prince of New York” Lebowitz blogged on MLBlogs almost fanatically and (the consensus seems to think) brilliantly, has a brand new book out and, since he decided to go off on his own to try and build a greater audience, he’s not only been stricken from the “Latest Leaders” list even though he gets enough hits to be somewhere around the top 15, he’s completely eliminated from the list of book authors. Doesn’t this strike anyone as vindictive, arbitrary, petty and self-aggrandizing on the part of the administrator?
One doesn’t generally get anywhere when they set out to make enemies for no reason; and if you’re looking for a way to become an angry, bitter, low to moderately low level flunky/functionary who’s so vacuous that he’s not even smooth in his vengeful and unnecessary actions, all you have to do is follow the “dear leader” and you’ll be well on the way.
Even those who hate me (and the line goes around the block) respect me because at least you know what you’re getting. My new website is PAULLEBOWITZ.COM. The one thing you can count on there, like me or not, is integrity.